Special Interest Group Lead (Early Year/Older Adult/Inclusion) (Voluntary)
The Special Interest Group Lead is expected to be a current member of the IPLA who can contribute to the overall governance and strategic development of the Association. They should have significant experience related to the promotion of physical literacy and ideally have either completed the Foundation Course or be familiar with its contents.
The Special Interest Group Lead should be able to offer their experience, expertise, time, and enthusiasm to the IPLA and the role will require a minimum commitment of 12 months, after which they may be re-elected for a further 12 months. Three years would normally be the maximum period of time for an individual to hold the position of the Special Interest Group Lead. The Special Interest Group Lead will be expected to oversee the work of the SIG and encourage, support, and guide their progress.
The Special Interest Group Lead shall support the affairs of the Association and:
- Support the Chair in providing leadership and strategic direction to the Committee and Ambassadors.
- Manage the SIG to fulfil governance responsibilities including compliance with governing documentation, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations and to make sure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- Lead the SIG members in development work associated to the team targets
- Report to the Committee and Trustees throughout the year and at the AGM.
The following is indicative but not exhaustive of the minimum time commitments associated with this role:
- 1 X approx. 2-hour AGM meeting (online)
- Regular (daily/weekly/monthly where applicable) Committee and SIG meetings (online)
- Any additional meetings or duties that may arise from time to time
For More Information
For more information and to apply please contact us.